Job Title: In-House Solicitor, UK Legal
To provide legal advice to internal clients, including fee earners, management and operational departments on a variety of commercial matters across the UK. The role reports into the Executive Director, EMEA Legal, and plays a key role in developing and sustaining risk management initiatives across the UK while furthering the Group’s commercial goals.
This role is a high visibility position requiring coordination across multiple business lines and continuous engagement with various levels of the Group’s personnel in the UK.
- Drafting, negotiating and advising on a broad range of commercial contracts for all aspects of the business, including:
- Framework agreements;
- Appointment documents;
- Supplier agreements;
- Reliance letters and duty of care deeds;
- Property management agreements;
- Deeds of release/termination/novation;
- Cross-border subcontracting and commission agreements
- Developing and updating existing internal precedent document templates, including Standard terms of Business.
- Working closely with senior members of commercial teams to identify and solve legal issues and risks in current working practices;
- Develop and deliver live and web-based training programs to commercial colleagues on a range of legal and business risk issues.
- Produce legal policies and procedures and create related memoranda and guidance documents on a variety of topics.
- Providing general legal advice, answering queries on an ad-hoc basis, and collaborating with legal, operational and commercial colleagues across the UK with respect to all aspects of the business.
Qualifications and Attributes
- Qualified Solicitor with a minimum of 2 years’ PQE
- Experience of a broad range of commercial contracts, preferably gained within a mid to top-tier City firm
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work proactively and co-operatively
- Ability to prioritise and co-ordinate tasks efficiently ensuring all deadlines are met
- Accurate and exceptional attention to detail
- Extremely professional and approachable whilst also being adaptable
- Team player who deals effectively with colleagues
We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
CBRE is the world’s leading commercial real estate services firm with offices located around the globe. The company’s core services include property sales, leasing and management, facilities and project management, investment management and, research and consulting. In Central London, CBRE advises on more commercial property than any other adviser and across the United Kingdom with offices in Aberdeen, Birmingham, Bristol, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Jersey, Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester, and Southampton.