An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Litigation Locum to join a Local Authority in the East Midlands. The contract is to start ASAP and expected to run between 1 to 2 months initially, with a chance that this will be extended.
The client is looking for a strong Litigator who has experience of dealing with a mixed caseload of both civil and criminal litigation matters. Candidates who specialise solely in either civil or criminal litigation will also be considered.
Possible day-to-day duties may include:
- Advising on Health and Safety legislation and Housing Act 2004 matters including prosecutions for breach of Improvement Notices and breach of Emergency Prohibition Orders
- Preparing and conducting trials in respect of Food Safety matters, noise nuisance/abatement and housing benefit fraud cases
- Dealing with environmental crimes such as fly tipping and littering, including s33(5), the Health Act offences such as smoking otherwise in a designated place/vehicles
- Advising on Trading Standards matters under the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations, the Fraud Act and the Trade Marks Act including giving instructions to Counsel for subsequent appeals against the sentence
- Prosecuting Planning matters under the Town and Country Planning Act 1990, such as breach of Enforcement Notices and s215 offences
- Assisting with general civil litigation matters such as possession proceedings and debt recovery matters
This role is offering a flexible hourly rate depending on experience but we have been advised that they are hoping to pay between £25 and £35/hour. Our client is ideally looking to secure the successful candidate on a full-time basis, and there is also potential for home working.
Applications are welcome from Qualified Solicitors, Barristers, Legal Executives and non-qualified Lawyers who have the relevant experience working within a Local Government organisation.
For further information, please contact Tom Hoult or Philippa Turner. Or alternatively email. We look forward to your application.
Venn Group aim to deliver the highest standards, so you can be assured your application will be handled with professionalism and care.
Venn Group acts as an employment agency and an employment business.
At Venn Group, we endeavour to respond to all applications within 48 hours. However due to the volume of applications we receive we may not be able to respond to all applications individually. If you have not heard from us within a 48 hour timeframe your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.