Technology and Data Protection Lawyer
Technology and Data Protection lawyer - 2-6 yrs PQE - London
Wiggin’s technology team works for many of the key players across the media and entertainment, betting and gaming, sport, digital media and technology industries, as well as some of the most dynamic, fast-growth entrepreneurial businesses in their fields. This role would suit someone who is looking for the chance to work closely with these clients on business-critical deals and projects. Unlike many firms, Wiggin's technology group has the privilege of working with some of the world's highest-profile media and technology businesses, as well as fast-growth companies at the cutting edge of developments in media tech, adtech, computer games, virtual and augmented reality, artificial intelligence, cloud services and data, and blockchain, among others.
We now have an opportunity for a mid-level lawyer to work on wide-ranging, high-quality UK and international transactions, projects and advisory work within our ambitious and fast-growing technology group. This is a fantastic opportunity for a talented lawyer to make their mark in a unique, entrepreneurial environment. You will....
- Advise on domestic and international technology transactions, ranging from commercial partnering arrangements to all forms of technology, software, content and data acquisition and exploitation.
- Have the familiarity, ability and desire to advise on transactions involving the use and exploitation of personal data, and on data protection regulatory projects and matters.
- Have plenty of client contact and responsibility for running your own deals.
- Benefit from Wiggin's excellent reputation as a leader in media, technology and IP, working with some of the best lawyers within these sectors.
- Be part of an innovative, passionate and entrepreneurial team of lawyers.
As a confident, ambitious and driven lawyer with 2 - 6 years' PQE you will:
- Be looking to excel, to be recognised and to work on high quality transactions and projects;
- Have had solid training and post qualification experience in technology and/or data protection work, probably gained at a significant international or City-based law firm;
- Have experience of managing and leading your own deals;
- Have excellent client relationship skills;
- Have a desire to work within a sector-focused law firm, working with some of the leading players in their fields.
Wiggin is an ambitious, award-winning law firm focusing exclusively on Media, Technology and IP.
We represent some of the world's leading media and entertainment and technology companies and brand owners on their most challenging, complex and high-value transactions, projects and disputes. As a highly entrepreneurial firm, with technology businesses of our own, we also advise many high-profile, fast-growth businesses on all aspects of their establishment, financing, expansion and operations.
The Wiggin culture stands out among law firms – both in what we expect from our people and in the way we define our value in the media, technology and IP sectors. We empower people early, expect commitment and excellence and celebrate when we achieve it.
We are more than just a law firm: we are deeply involved in the media, technology and IP landscapes, constantly engaged in the challenges they present to us and our clients, and always on the look-out for new opportunities.
Wiggin operates an agile working environment, supporting lawyers to work from either of its locations in London or Cheltenham
If you have the relevant experience but wish to ask any questions in confidence before sending a CV and making an application, please contact us via the link.
No agencies. The firm will not be bound by agency terms.