Document Automation Editor - Fastdraft
Business Unit: Legal UKI
Our Legal organisation focuses on connecting our customers’ businesses to the ever-changing legal and regulatory environment. We provide critical online and print information, decision support tools, software and services to lawyers who practice in law firms, in corporate legal departments and in the public sector. We are a growing business in the UK, especially since the acquisition of Practical Law Company in 2013. We are very excited about the next stage in our growth and how you can play a part in it.
Position Title: Document Automation Editor, Fast Draft
Position Type: Permanent
Role Purpose/ Summary:
As part of Legal Editorial one of our products is automated versions of standard documents. Fast Draft provides lawyers with automated legal documents that significantly shorten the document drafting process. Document Automation Editors analyse legal documents and create questions for the drafting lawyer to answer. The answers to these questions automatically populate the document with key information and legal language. Editors must work closely with our legal editors who drafted the legal document being automated.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Liaising with Legal Editorial to analyse standard documents and draft questions for optional text.
- Use Contract Express to input those questions into a document to automate it.
- Proofreading drafted questions and ensuring final output matches users’ expectations.
- Test and update existing automated documents upon notification from Legal Editorial
- Assist in the verification of work of team for accuracy and completeness.
- Cover for team members as and when required.
Mandatory Skills and Experience:
- Excellent English writing and reading skills
- Comfortable working within a software environment
- Good understanding of modern office technologies, especially Microsoft Word
- Strong learning agility. Able to learn quickly and apply knowledge to increasingly complex and changing work.
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external contacts
- Detail-oriented with demonstrated analysis and problem solving skills
- Ability to prioritize and stay focused while dealing with multiple assignments and tasks.
- To be able to follow instructions, but also possess the ability to work as part of a close knit team and be able to use own initiative.
- Positive attitude and “can do” approach.
- Excellent communication skills
- Show excellent team spirit.
- Ability to prioritise a varied workload and co-ordinate work from different sources.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good time and project management skills.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Legal degree or law conversion course
- Familiarity with legal standard documents
- Experience of content management systems
- Document assembly and automation using Contract Express or a similar automation tool
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.