Head of Legal - Charity Regulator - London
This is an opportunity to become a departmental Head of Legal for a Charities Regulator in London. This is a Civil Service department.
Our Client is a high profile Regulator within the Charities Sector.
Managing the legal function within the regulator for one of the four following areas:
- Charitable status
- Compliance and enforcement
- Enablement and information law
Candidates are asked to highlight which one or more of these they would be suitable for in their applications.
The successful candidate will be likely to be a UK qualified lawyer with at least five years of post qualification experience gained either in house at a charity, regulatory or Top 100 Chambers ranked law firm.
They will have experience and expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Charity law - formation, compliance, policy and enforcement, regulatory
- Regulatory law - either gained in house at a regulator or in private practice, advising regulators and public bodies
- Litigation - public law, judicial review and experience of working in tribunals (specifically the charity tribunal or an equivalent forum).
Strong conceptual understanding of law in each of these areas is required, the regulator is at the forefront of charity law, has quasi-judicial powers and deals with technical points of law on a regular basis.
Please note that PQE is for guidance only and applications at all levels will be considered.
Strong salary, Civil Service Pension arrangements and benefits.