Assistant Cashiering Manager
My Client is a growing international law firm specializing in litigation and dispute resolution, particularly in the insurance, reinsurance and liability areas. They have offices spanning the globe and over 1000 employees, with headquarters in the City of London and several other offices in the UK.
- Working alongside the Cashiering Manager, supporting them in the management of the Firm’s Cashiering.
- Overviewing the cashiering process, ensuring compliance with SRA AR and VAT rules.
- Coordinating with auditors during SRA audits.
- Liaising with banks on matters including; opening new client accounts, inter-bank transfers and other banking matters.
- Producing an internal training schedule, ensuring that all team member training is up to date.
- Returning residual client balances and compliance with SARs.
- Coordinating with the cashiering manager on potential improvements.
- Liaise with the Billing and Credit team to ensure that billings are processed promptly, and bill receipts allocated accurately.
- Ad – hoc duties as and when they arise
- Previous legal cashiering experience is essential
- Knowledge of the SARs and VAT rules
- Strong IT skills including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Elite 3E (or similar financial systems)
- Experience dealing with partners, lawyers and senior management.
- Excellent analytical and financial skills with good attention to detail both personally and for the team
- Commitment to delivering a professional service to the highest standards
- Excellent communicator and team player
It is Career Legal’s policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you.
Career Legal is a Recruitment Agency and is advertising this permanent / temporary / fixed term contract vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.