Compliance Business Partner/Consumer Finance-Retail Banking Co.
- Provide the Chief Compliance Officer and Head of Compliance Advice with regular updates on compliance matters relating to the Consumer Finance Division, including on emerging issues/incidents, progress in addressing findings from first/second/third line monitoring reviews
- Attend Consumer Finance governance meetings (including Executive and Operational meetings)
- Ensure maintenance and awareness of regulatory developments, particularly in the consumer credit market, through regular liaison with the Bank's Regulatory Change Team
- Alongside the Consumer Finance Compliance Team, provide and oversee the provision of advice to the Consumer Finance Division on issues relating to their business, including the development and launch of new products, new business models and new functional processes
- Attend, as necessary, risk management governance meetings, to share regulatory risks identified and work with the Consumer Finance Division to enhance controls as appropriate.
- Broad and deep knowledge of financial regulation, with particular specialist knowledge of consumer credit regulation (including the FCA's CONC Rules) and the regulation of deposit-taking (including the FCA's Banking Conduct of Business Rules)
- Extensive experience of operating in the Compliance function of a regulated bank or consumer credit lender
- Commercial awareness and focus on application of regulation within the consumer credit market
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Analytical, problem solving and project management skills.