Asset Finance Lawyer - Dublin
Job Title: In-House Counsel – Asset Finance Lawyer
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Our client are looking for a Legal Counsel with a strong asset finance background to primarily be responsible for managing the negotiation and completion of all types of transactions undertaken by the company.
- Lead transactions through documentation phase to contract signature and closing;
- Advising, structuring, drafting, negotiating and executing aircraft leasing and financing transactions, documentation and contracts including cross-border aircraft lease agreements, sale and purchase agreements, lease restructuring agreements, novation agreements and financing agreements;
- Co-ordinate and manage input from technical, finance, risk, asset management and commercial departments into transaction negotiation and documentation;
- Ensure that all documentation is completed to meet deadlines and in accordance with the required standards and guidelines;
- Appoint and manage external legal and tax advisors in all relevant jurisdictions;
- The management and resolution of issues and disputes with lessors, financiers, manufacturers and other third parties and the management of relationships with other stakeholders and external service providers, including law firms;
- Liaising with corporate service providers in various jurisdictions to establish and manage special purpose companies;
- Provide input and expertise to cross-functional deal teams in initial transaction structuring process and in letters of intent and term sheets.
It is essential that you have a minimum of two years post qualification experience, experience in managing and negotiating commercial transactions (preferably relating to leased or financed assets) and excellent transaction management skills. The firm welcomes applicants from private practice as this would be a fantastic opportunity to make the move in-house. Very interesting role in a small team.