In-House Employment Lawyer
In-House Employment Lawyer
AlixPartners is a leading global business advisory firm of results-oriented professionals who specialise in creating value and restoring performance.
A new opportunity exists for a qualified Employment Lawyer to join our EMEA Legal Team based in London. This is a newly created role which has become critical to the business and presents a challenging and exciting opportunity.
You will be part of a global team and be responsible for providing a wide range of employment law advice and assistance across the EMEA business. You will provide support to our human resources function as well as consultants and leadership team and provide additional support to internal colleagues on matters of risk and legal compliance relating to employment. You will be comfortable operating in a fast-paced environment with significant exposure to senior stakeholders. The role includes:
- Advising on issues of legal risk across a broad range of employment related matters including contractual arrangements, employee protections, post-employment restrictive covenants, employment terminations, regulatory and policy compliance, recruitment, litigation and other general practice issues
- Developing and managing contingency plans to address areas of risk
- Maintaining compliance with all relevant regulation across the business
- Supporting internal teams with issues relating to human resources and employment matters
Who we hire
At AlixPartners, having people who know how to get things done in a diverse and fast-moving world is vital to our shared success. Your success will be based on a number of factors which applicants should have demonstrable experience in - these include:
- Responding to business issues in a timely manner, working collaboratively, providing workable, pragmatic solutions
- Delivering well-reasoned legal advice under critical time pressure
- Developing excellent working relationships with senior stakeholders, peers and colleagues from across the business- a true team player
In addition, the role demands the following qualifications:
- Qualification as a lawyer in the UK or other jurisdiction (solicitor or equivalent overseas qualification);
- 2 – 5 years PQE* (or equivalent);
- Fluency in English is essential but the ability to clearly communicate in German, French and/ or Italian would be a bonus but not essential
* The PQE is intended as a guide only and does not preclude applications from those with more or less PQE.
This is a great opportunity to face technical challenges in an interesting position, developing your knowledge and commercial acumen and supporting your growth as a well-rounded legal counsel.
You’ll be supported by business leaders, mentors, coaches, and colleagues to ensure you are learning and developing.