In-house opportunity for a Solicitor to join a global insurance broker with a track record in sustained organic growth coupled with positive employee and client feedback.
This role is with a market leading insurance broker looking to grow its Transactional Risk/ M&A team in Manchester, (principally focussing on Warranty and Indemnity insurance). They are seeking a dynamic individual who will work on the placement of W&I policies with a local team, (as part of the wider national team) and assist with the growth of business on a local, national and international level.
The role presents a unique opportunity to move out of private practice into a team which is in charge of its own P&L and developing its own business going forward. The industry as a whole has grown exponentially in the last five years and the team itself has doubled in size every year for the last four years.
The team is seeking a team player with an appetite to learn about Transactional Risk insurance and play an important part in their growth. You will work with a senior member of the team in Manchester who will teach you about the industry and will work with you on transactions. The expectation is that with guidance and tutoring you will be able to run your own transactions over a period of time. There will also be opportunities to be involved in business development with corporate lawyers, private equity funds and other corporate clients. The team is collegiate with everyone supporting each other and helping clients achieve their goals.
With regards to the type of candidate who is potentially suitable for the role, there are no hard and fast requirements and those who are interested in the role are encouraged to apply. However, by way of guidance the role would align well with a solicitor with some corporate experience (either as part of a training contact or as part of a corporate team), from NQ to three years PQE would likely be suited to the role. Ultimately the role will suit someone who has an aptitude to learn about and be part of a growing and changing industry.
Key Accountabilities within the role:
- When acting as lead deal team member, manage the deal team and process; to include:
- Lead initial conversations with clients and/or their advisers
- Provide advice on the scope of coverage and insurance structure to meets the clients’ coverage needs
- Analyse transaction documents and provide advice to the client and its advisers on likely insurable position
- Review Due Diligence reports in order to understand key deal issues relevant to successful risk placement
- Lead negotiations with markets
- Manage process through to successful close
- Where required assist in business development, to include: promotional materials, attending presentations, conferences, marketing and PR campaigns; researching and writing content for articles and publications.
Apply for Solicitor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly