In House Banking Solicitor - Lending
Are you a Banking Solicitor looking for a work/life balance without compromising on the quality of work you are involved with?
I am recruiting for a Global Organisation looking for a Banking Solicitor to join their established In House team.
Please get in touch for further details
More about the In House Banking Solicitor role:
You will have the opportunity to work for the Consumer lending arm of a Global Business with a presence in Birmingham. You will:
- Advise on a range of lending products across different areas of the business.
- Advise on products such as Credit Cards, Loans, Overdrafts and Mortgages.
- Advise key stakeholders on managing and mitigating legal, commercial risk across the business and the extent to which products comply with key legislation.
- Manage external relationships with legal panels.
- Maintain knowledge of key Consumer legislation, regulations and policies.
- Be involved in delivering ad hoc projects to the business.
- Travel to other offices.
The successful In House Banking Solicitor will:
- Be a UK qualified solicitor from a City or large regional practice (or overseas equivalent) and may have a minimum of 2 years PQE with evidence of excellent training within banking.
- Ideally have a Consumer Credit background.
- Ideally have exposure to Payment Services law, Consumer Protection and FSA policy.
- Have strong technical legal skills, including ability to draft and negotiate legal documents.
- Be a team player.
- Have strong communication skills and demonstrate the ability to build and maintain relationships.
- Demonstrate a commitment of delivering quality service.