Company Commercial Solicitor (PSL POSITION)
This firm is one of the UK's leading national regional law practices turning over more than £70million last year and featuring in Times 100 Best Companies to Work For.
The firm has a wide range of clients throughout the UK with many clients having strong international connections. They have over 150 partners and more than 800 members of staff in total. Their aim is to attract and retain the most talented people, and part of this is providing a great place to work.
This is an exciting and rare opportunity to become a key figure in the firm, you must have both Corporate & Commercial experience. The firm is open to hearing from people interested in some or all these responsibilities as there is some flexibility in the division of responsibilities between the existing and new PSLs.
- Reviewing and updating the corporate team's precedent bank
- Assisting the commercial team with establishing and maintaining a precedent bank
- Ensuring lawyers are kept up to date on new legislation/cases/changes in practice, whether on an individual, team or group wide basis (eg via regular blog posts, live training sessions)
- Engaging with external PSL groups
- Helping to plan the corporate and commercial training calendars, including organising regular training for junior lawyers and liaising with internal speakers
- Helping with the corporate trainee induction programme twice a year (including delivering a number of sessions)
- Organising and delivering other training for the corporate and commercial groups as appropriate
- On occasion, delivering training for clients
- Liaising with other support teams e. Information and Library Services, the Innovation and Delivery team, and other PSLs across the firm and contributing to firm wide knowledge management initiatives
- Handling queries from lawyers and undertaking research where appropriate
- Identifying developments of general interest to clients, and producing client materials
You will be an experienced Corporate & Commercial Lawyer / PSL with 3-10 years PQE
- You will need a good general corporate background, to include experience in M&A work
- Salary is negotiable and dependent on experience
This is an exciting opportunity for a Corporate Commercial Lawyer / PSL with 3 - 10 years PQE to join this firm during an exciting time in their office in Oxford, Oxfordshire.
Apply now for immediate consideration or feel free to give me a call for a confidential conversation.