Associate, Real Estate
Dentons is the world's largest law firm, delivering quality and value to clients around the globe. Dentons is a leader on the Acritas Global Elite Brand Index, a BTI Client Service 30 Award winner and recognized by prominent business and legal publications for its innovations in client service, including founding Nextlaw Labs and the Nextlaw Global Referral Network. Dentons' polycentric approach and world-class talent challenge the status quo to advance client interests in the communities in which we live and work.
Purpose of the Role
This role will involve carrying out a wide range of core commercial property work, as part of a top-ranked Real Estate practice, representing clients across the UK and from overseas in every sphere of the property industry from banks and institutional funds and high net worth individuals, to developers and property companies to retailers and leisure operators, owner/occupiers, land owners and house builders; in other words a wide and varied spectrum of real estate work covering a range of sectors.
The role would be ideal for someone who is looking for career progression in a large global legal organisation. The ideal candidate will be a proactive and versatile individual who enjoys working in a large organisation, with responsibility for a variety of work.
- Transactional sales/purchases, leasing and portfolio management work and general commercial property work.
- Carry out client instructions, coordinate and liaise with other Dentons lawyers as required.
- Negotiate with other solicitors, escalating to partner level when necessary.
- Draft documentation and predominantly email correspondence to clients/other solicitors.
- To be proactive in relation to business development.
- Participate in tender submissions, presentations, fact sheet preparation and bulletins.
- Complete all necessary administration documentation, e.g. time recording.
- Draft fee notes, liaise with administrative support staff and support other fee earners as necessary.
- Promote Dentons professionally at all external functions.
- Train and develop trainees within the department, as appropriate.
- Research or oversee delegation of research on technical matters as required.
- Attend and present in-house and external seminars.
- To be able to work with minimum supervision, ensuring deadlines are met and high quality work is produced.
Required Experience, Skills and Attributes
- Associate (4-5 years' qualified) – Scottish or Dual Qualified with Scottish focus.
- A proven ability within Real Estate, with experience of transactional sale/purchase, leasing and portfolio management and general commercial property work.
- Ability to apply own legal initiative as an integral member of the team.
- Proven ability to communicate well at all levels.
- Enthusiasm and a desire to enjoy client contact, with ability to communicate effectively with internal and external clients of all levels.
- Proven ability to organise and prioritise effectively.
- Able to demonstrate flexibility and ability to adapt to change.
- Proven ability to solve problems and deal with clients matters.
- Proactive and versatile with approach to work.
- Teamwork - Maintains productive and harmonious relationships within own team and across the firm to achieve objectives. Promotes team based working and shares knowledge.
- Communication - Communicates clearly, concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Adaptability to change - Is receptive to changing requirements in the job and the firm. Adapts approach to meet new priorities and able to promote new ideas and improvements.
- Customer focus - Proactive in identifying and addressing the needs of clients and internal customers to ensure the delivery of valuable and efficient services.
- Problem Solving - Analyses problems and information, evaluates options and risks in order to identify the most appropriate solutions. Bases decisions on sound judgement and initiative.
- Achievement - Displays a high degree of commitment and purpose in pursuing objectives. Prioritises plans and organises workload. Focused and energetic in ensuring tasks are carried through to successful completion.
- Personal Effectiveness - Projects confidence, self-motivation and enthusiasm. Displays a positive attitude and demonstrates self-control when under pressure.
We offer a highly competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to work at a dynamic global law firm.
If you are interested in discussing this role or wish to submit an application, please click on the Apply Button.
Apply for Associate, Real Estate
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly