Corporate Legal Counsel (Johannesburg)
Our client is a very high profiled US global company. They would like to hire a mid-level corporate lawyer to be based in their Johannesburg office, with at least 4 years PQE. The legal counsel will handle legal, compliance and professional affairs matters primarily for the South Africa Market.
- Responsible for the review, drafting and negotiation of a variety of commercial contracts and other legal documents in.
- Responsible for providing advice to consultants and corporate support functions on legal issues generally, including the legal/contractual implications of commercial business decisions and compliance related issues;
- Analyse new and changing laws and regulations;
- Identify liability exposure and provides creative solutions to manage and reduce risk;
- Interacts with outside counsel
- Assist with all matters related to legal support of the businesses, including compliance, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and corporate reorganizations;
- Be the "Go To" lawyer and trusted adviser for all South Africa legal matters.
- Qualified lawyer with at least 4years PQE from an a large MNC and/or international law firm.
- Strong contract review, drafting and negotiation skills in English.
- Project management experience, including excellent organizational skills, the ability to manage a large number and variety of mission-critical projects, working independently and often in ambiguous environment
- Transactional/corporate experience a must.
- Outgoing and able to work independently with minimal supervision is key.
McGregor Boyall is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on any grounds.