Associate - Commercial Disputes
Our client is looking for a Solicitor to join their London office. You will work under supervision on commercial disputes, primarily
for a new partner, who leads the Commercial Litigation team However, you should also be willing to work with the wider partners across the UK
The team provides contentious and advisory legal services to a range of clients and the work includes advising a wide range of clients in the early stages of a potential dispute to representing clients in dispute resolution processes whether through the High Court, arbitral and other tribunals, mediation and other ADR processes.
Most of our cases will have an international dimension. The role will involve a focus on IT disputes, but we are looking for lawyers who are flexible in their outlook and who have an appetite to work for a broad range of clients on a variety of commercial contract disputes Our clients are (usually) looking to secure a fair and sensible settlement within a reasonable timeframe. You will therefore need to be able to form a clear view of
the legal merits of a situation and formulate a strategy for resolving it.
This is an ideal opportunity to develop your career, working with a firm listed in the Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For
There will be a high level of supervision, but with plenty of opportunity to deal directly with clients and accelerate
You will be NQ+ years PQE with training and experience gained in a City or large regional firm.
* Good academics - 2 degree or equivalent with good A levels or equivalents
* Excellent communication skills both written and oral
* Good technical skills
* Practical approach with an ability to seek creative solutions
* High quality analytical skills
* Incisive and clear headed
* Resilient under pressure
* Ability to make legal/commercial judgements and offer practical advice
* A systematic approach to work with effective time management
* Attention to detail
* Self-motivated, with common sense and initiative
* Good listening and questioning skills
* Interpersonal skills, including ability to influence and persuade
* Ability to build relationships with clients and potential clients
* Good commercial awareness and negotiating skills will be essential.
* Business development appetite and skills
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.