In House Solicitor
Our client a leader in its sector is looking to recruit a Commercial NQ/ Junior/ mid level In House Solicitor to join their legal team in Leeds.
Our client a leader in its sector is looking to recruit a Commercial NQ/ Junior/ mid level In House Solicitor to join their in house legal team in Leeds.
The role for the In House Solicitor to be based in Leeds will include
- Drafting and negotiating a range of commercial contracts for the UK.
- Providing legal advice, assistance and support (on both a proactive and reactive basis) to relevant business areas in writing, orally, by presentations and in meetings.
- Providing legal advice, assistance and support (on both a proactive and reactive basis) to other members of the UK legal team on relevant legal issues.
- Monitoring advice given by external solicitors and ensuring it is appropriately disseminated to internal customers.
- In the case of disputes, working closely with the dispute resolution team to determine position and strategy, advise the relevant internal customers and achieve resolution.
- Reviewing a wide range of sources of information for new and proposed legal developments which impact relevant areas of responsibility. Raising new and emerging issues with the UK legal team and the UK business as appropriate, including providing advice and comment in writing and/or in presentations/workshops.
- Keeping contract templates and internal briefing notes up-to-date and providing ongoing training so that the business can operate as efficiently as possible and in a way that manages key legal risks.
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
- Sound commercial judgement.
- Able to advise internal customers confidently and effectively.
- Good decision making skills and ability to identify and communicate key risks to internal customers and UK legal management team.
- Excellent communication skills and able to deliver concise, clear, commercial and logical advice tailored to the audience.
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- University honours degree
- Solicitor with high quality post-qualification legal experience in the commercial field.
- Solid grounding in commercial law and a good level of general legal knowledge.
- Proficient drafting skills.
- Good negotiation and influencing skills.
- Able to take ownership of projects and drive them to successful completion.
- Able to act under limited supervision when appropriate.
The salary for the In House Solicitor role will be comensurate with the level of experience. All levels of solicitors should apply from NQ level to mid level. if you are interested in this role or any other in house roles in the Yorkshire or North West areas please call Susan McNulty on 0796 775140