A national charity is looking to recruit a junior lawyer to join their well-established legal team in London, initially on a 6 month fixed term contract basis but with the possibility of extension.
The ideal candidate will be qualified as a solicitor or barrister in the UK with up to 2 years post qualification experience, gained in-house or in private practice.
This is a brilliant opportunity for a junior lawyer to gain in-house legal experience.
- Primary immediate function – to support senior members of the legal team in amending and negotiating contracts with updated GDPR compliant clauses
- Provide support for other general legal matters (for example, drafting and negotiation of other commercial agreements, advice etc);
Professional Skills and Expertise:
- NQ - 2 year UK qualified solicitor or barrister
- Track record of providing effective legal and commercial advice and support, including proven ability to successfully draft and negotiate contracts with good attention to detail, including when operating under pressure.
- Eagerness to learn and the ability to tackle new areas of law with confidence and proven ability to advise on a diverse range of legal issues, including some of the following: commercial law, intellectual property law and data protection.
- Ability to use legal knowledge and skills to solve problems, identify pragmatic solutions, proactively manage risks and spot opportunities to further the aims of the charity.