Private Client Paralegal
Our client is a successful full service law firm based in Manchester city centre, established in 1978. They offer a broad range of legal services to both commercial and private clients who range from private individuals, from all walks of life, through to SME's and major national and international companies.
They are looking for an experienced paralegal to join the Private Client team
- To assist Partners and Associates of the PC team primarily (and on occasion other members of the Private Client department in other offices).
- Conduct a variety of tasks to include general administrative tasks and support, answering the telephone, filing, printing, scanning and binding, photocopying, research, drafting correspondence, drafting wills, letter of wishes, trust documents, Lasting Powers of Attorney and all associated documents, assisting with probate administration and the preparation of Estate Accounts.
- We would expect your role to develop as experience allows with the balance of the role remaining flexible, based on the mix of work at a given time.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- To work as part of the team to assist with providing private client services, undertaking fee-earning work and time recording accordingly. To deliver a high quality service to clients, dealing with them on the telephone and face-to-face in client meetings.
- Responsibility, under supervision, for assisting others within the Private Client group with their matters as detailed above in paragraph 1.
- Preparation of correspondence and drafting wills and trust documents (with support) from precedents, in compliance with the firms house style guide.
- Proof reading, fact checking, and the ability to send confidential documents to clients and others unsupervised.
- To learn and adhere to the firm's systems (to include use of the case management system), and the requirements of third party referrers.
- To assist with the development of our case management system.
- Data inputting and basic accounting transactions following the provision of training on the firm's accounts package and systems detailed above.
- Case management and dealing with incoming emails.
- Arranging appointments, taking messages, receiving and delivering documents.
- Open and close files in Proclaim case management system.
- Attend department meetings or external training courses as required.
- Previous legal work experience or academic knowledge required. Private client services experience is desirable although not essential.
- A commitment to excellent client care and enthusiasm for private client work.
- Excellent IT skills particularly with experience in Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to communicate well orally and in writing, including dealing directly with clients when required.
- Attention to detail.
- Exceptional organisational skills.
- Strong team working ethic.
- Effective administrative skills.
- Accurate and efficient time recording skills.
- Able to identify problems, complaints and risk management.
- Ability to work well under pressure and be proactive.
- Experience in a case manager system desirable, but full training will be given.
Lipson Lloyd Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Please note our advertisements use PQE levels purely as a guide to the minimum level of experience required. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfill this kind of work.