Interim Commercial Lawyer - In House
An opportunity has arisen for a commercial lawyer to join a government organisation as Contracts and Property Lawyer on an interim basis from now until the end of September, with the likelihood of being offered a permanent position.
Reporting to the team Head, you will take the lead on a combination of commercial contracts and commercial property work, including:
· Drafting, negotiating and reviewing commercial contracts, including construction, service consultancy and IT contracts;
· advise on contracts and procurement legislation;
· drafting and approving other agreements including grant and loan agreements and service level agreements;
· assisting the senior contracts and property lawyer and external solicitors with major procurements and town centre redevelopment and other regeneration projects;
· Landlord & Tenant work, including the acquisition and disposal of land and property;
· Assisting with all associated non-contentious work arising out of the property portfolios including leases, licenses, deeds and notices; and
· Advising on other property matters including compulsory purchase orders.
You will be a 3+ PQE lawyer with good experience of commercial contracts and some knowledge of commercial property matters, available ASAP. This role would be ideal for a lawyer seeking their first in-house challenge, a commercial contracts-focussed lawyer seeking to expand on their skill set or alternatively a commercial property lawyer looking to take on a more general commercial role.
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.