Legal Counsel, Surrey, 3 - 6 PQE, - A unique opportunity to join a supportive business that fosters a culture where its employees are empowered to collaborate, perform and challenge the industry. Call us now on 020 7183 8586.
JOB TITLE: Legal Counsel
PQE REQUIRED: 3 - 6
LOCATION: Surrey (Commutable from: London, Hampshire, East Sussex, West Sussex, Kent)
SALARY: £-competitive + car allowance + bonus + benefits
We are seeking a qualified solicitor or barrister to join our client as an in-house Legal Counsel. Ideally, you will have experience of general insurance work, either in a law firm or in-house with an insurance company, although individuals with a strong financial services regulatory background will also be considered. Key responsibilities of the role will include dealing with issues concerning terms of business, policy documentation, distribution and affinity agreements, outsourcing and services agreements, panels, pools, brokers, agents, reinsurance, novations, commutations etc.
- Support the Deputy Chief Legal Officer and other Legal Counsel, as well as Company Secretariat, in discharging their responsibilities.
- Provide legal representation in negotiations, discussions and meetings with customers, suppliers and business partners, assisting with relationship management.
- Obtain prompt, cost-effective external legal advice and assist with the practical implementation of that advice.
- Raise the level of awareness and understanding in the business of legal issues, risks and mitigation, including contract management.
- Represent the Legal Department on project teams set up to address issues across the Group.
- Keep own technical legal and insurance knowledge and training up to date
You will need good day to day knowledge of Financial Services regulatory bodies and practices including ICOBS, PERGS, introducer appointed representatives and financial promotions. Some knowledge of other regulatory/compliance aspects e. passporting, FSCS, FOS, Solvency II, data protection, competition law (e. Block Exemption) and IT work is advantageous.
HOW TO APPLY:
Contact Pasquale Agatiello at eNL on 020 7183 8586 or email now with your CV or simply call for a confidential discussion.
If you would like to review any other vacancies we are currently handling, then please visit our web site /
eNL is handling a number of Commercial vacancies throughout London and the South East. If you are a Solicitor looking for a move, call now for a confidential discussion. As part of our candidate care process we aim to respond to all applications within 7 working days. If you have not been contacted within this timescale your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please go to /candidate-registration to register your interest for similar positions. Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide.
In addition, if you know any Solicitor's who may be interested, remember we do offer up to £500 referral fee bonus (Terms and Conditions apply).