C2375 Admin Assistant 6 months FTC (Birmingham)
Plexus Law is a Specialist Defendant Insurance Practice with offices in London, Manchester, Leeds, Evesham, Liverpool and Edinburgh. The firm works with Insurance Companies, Corporate and Public Sector Clients and the Lloyd’s market.
Plexus Law has developed carefully tailored packages to meet specific needs stretching from a traditional relationship to the provision of bespoke in-house services. The firm has a reputation for responding innovatively to client needs, utilising the experience of its staff, emphasising the highest quality and focusing on managing costs in all cases
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Inception of new files onto the Vectus system to include the following:
- Checking appropriate documentation produced by the pre-litigation handler to include the Court Proceedings and any other reports/ relevant documentation.
- Verifying Defence due date.
- Seeking Defence extensions where necessary.
- Completing all relevant fields on Vectus to ensure that the necessary details are available for the litigator to carry out all necessary tasks.
- Producing inception correspondence.
- Filing Acknowledgement of service with the Court and serving the Claimant’s Solicitors.
- Preparing hard copy file using the relevant inserts e.g. pleadings, medical, witness evidence.
- Updating Vectus as required with details of handlers, other side’s Solicitors, Court etc.
- Dealing with incoming post on a daily basis for immediate distribution to staff within the department
- Monitor incoming faxes and deliver to staff within 30 minutes of receipt.
- Photocopy and/or print items from the file as appropriate.
- Assist with the preparation of trial bundles, documents for enclosure with instructions to counsel or experts.
- Archive closed litigated cases ensuring the appropriate file closure procedure has been followed and the files are sent to the relevant Plexus office.
- Filing of paper files
- Dealing with outgoing post to ensure it is ready for collection
Key Performance Targets
- All new files to be incepted onto Vectus within 48 hrs of receipt
- Fee Earner post to be logged onto Vectus within 24 hrs of receipt
- Filing of paper files for high volume litigators on a daily basis
- Archiving of litigation files monthly
- Photocopying within time limit specified by litigator
Knowledge and Skills
- GSCEs grades C or above
- Motivated and target driven
- Administration skills including filing, logging data, and archiving
To apply please e-mail your CV along with a note setting out your experience to GeneralHRRecruitment@plexuslaw.co.uk
The firm is committed to providing a non-discriminatory and harassment free working environment for all its employees. All offers are subject to satisfactory DBS checks, credit check and professional/personal referee checks.
Apply for C2375 Admin Assistant 6 months FTC (Birmingham)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly