Legal Director - Commercial Technology Solicitor
We are working with a leading Commercial team who are looking to bring an experienced solicitor on board to specialise in Technology matters.
An international private practice.
This is an opportunity for an experienced commercial solicitor to join a leading international firm within the firm's highly successful Birmingham offering.
The team acts for a host of FTSE 100 and international clients and the work you would be exposed to would be cutting edge and market leading.
This is a real opportunity for an ambitious solicitor to come into a team and take the lead with supervising some junior lawyers, take the lead with client relationships and take the lead with future BD opportunities.
If you are currently within a firm at mid level and have one eye on partnership, then this could be a great opportunity for you to move into a role with a clear progression plan.
As well as top quality international work (IT/outsourcing as well as more niche work such as AI, data centres etc) the firm can offer you the opportunity to:
- Work in a diverse, friendly and motivated team of commercial solicitors
- Have a clear progression path - the Partners are happy to outline the career path for this hire - they have a projected plan for this person which involves a clear outline of what would need to be done to reach Partnership
- Supervise and mentor junior lawyers
- Take the lead with clients
- Work part time (i. 4 days per week) if this is something that you would be looking for at this stage in your career
- Join a team that works flexibility and from home where appropriate
It's likely you will be an experienced commercial solicitor with a particular specialism in IT and outsourcing. If you are a solicitor who is looking for career progression and would like to have a discussion about a mid-term route to partnership, then it's also likely that you will be able to demonstrate a track record in business development and client generation.
The team is extremely busy with new instructions so there is no need for somebody to come in with their own clients or following but clearly any discussion around a route to partnership will involve a discussion around building future business.
You could either be coming from another private practice or be an in-house lawyer looking to move into practice.
Competitive salary, excellent quality work/clients and career progression.