West Midlands region
Salary – Competitive
Thursfields, a leading law firm based across the West Midlands, is looking to expand its corporate legal team with a Director-level hire. The Corporate Director will benefit from a positive work-life-balance without compromising on quality of work.
Thursfields has achieved 20% turnover growth for each of the last 5 years. With the heritage of a long established law firm in Worcestershire, since 2013 the firm has expanded its services in the West Midlands and now covers Birmingham, Halesowen and Solihull.
Accolades: Birmingham Law Society Law Firm of Year (5-15 Partners) Winner in 2016, Winner of Excellence in Customer Service Award for Herefordshire and Worcestershire Chamber of Commerce in 2017, Winner of High Growth Business of the Year at the Black Country Chamber Awards in 2017; shortlisted as finalist in 2018 Law Society Excellence Awards (Learning & Development Category) which take place in October.
Corporate Director key responsibilities:
Thursfields’ corporate team advises on a broad range of corporate matters including: mergers and acquisitions, strategic alliances (including joint venture arrangements, investment agreements, shareholders’ agreements and partnership agreements), equity fundraisings, private equity and corporate reorganisations.
The team advises across a broad range of sectors with particular strength in healthcare and technology.
Examples of recent work include:
- Advising Airband Community Internet (Airband) on its £16 million investment by the National Digital Infrastructure Fund (NDIF) and advising the shareholders of Airband on the sale of a substantial minority interest in Airband to NDIF;
- Advising the shareholders of Smartbox Assistive Technology on a sale of the company to Tobii Dynavox, a company listed in Sweden, for £11 million;
- Advising DRP Holdings (one of the UK’s leading creative agencies) on its acquisition of Penguins Events;
- Advising an engineering group listed in Spain on its entry into the UK market by way of joint venture; and
- Advising the shareholders of various care home businesses and veterinary practices on the sale of such businesses to national consolidators.
Corporate Director key requirements:
- A UK qualified solicitor with circa 7 plus PQE in corporate law;
- A lawyer with exposure to working in a department that is recognised in Legal 500 and/or Chambers & Partners;
- A client focused, collaborative team approach;
- A good communicator with a strong practical approach to getting the job done; and
- Someone who enjoys business development and seeks autonomy with accountability.
Thursfields offers a range of work benefits:
- Up to 28 days’ holidays plus bank holidays;
- Life assurance of 4 times salary;
- Employee Health Benefits Scheme;
- Referral Bonus scheme;
- Learning and Development Opportunities; and
- Client Feedback rewards.
For more information about the Corporate Director Role please contact Nisha Jassi at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0121 260 2562.