A London-based software technology company specialising in the Financial and Risk industry is seeking a senior legal counsel. The company was recently acquired by a leading Private Equity house, inciting extensive research and development of the software. This has created the need for an experienced individual to join the In House team.
In House Counsel Role and Responsibilities
The main requirement of the role is to draft and negotiate a wide range of commercial contracts with customers, vendors, resellers and other third parties. This includes:
- Large master agreements
- Data licenses
- Software and intellectual property licenses
- Consulting/services agreements
- Non-disclosure agreements
- Other standard and non-standard agreements related to sales of the company's products and/or services working within agreed contracting policies
Other aspects of the legal counsel role include:
- Identifying ways to improve and support the enhancement of internal processes and procedures to ensure compliance with contract terms
- Working with other members of the legal team and back-office to ensure swift and efficient contracts execution process
- Provide pragmatic legal support to all levels of personnel (commercial origins)
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least 4 yrs PQE gained from a reputable city law firm or large software house in drafting and negotiating commercial agreements
- UK or EU qualification
- A natural flair in building rapport and trust with both internal and external clients
- First-hand experience of working in a fast-paced environment, whilst also working well as a team member
Salary and Contract
The successful senior legal counsel will be offered a competitive salary, on a permanent contract. Please note that this is a part-time position.
If you think that this legal counsel role is the right fit for you, then apply with your CV or contact us today.