Associate- Corporate, Edinburgh
DLA Piper's global Corporate team is one of the largest teams in the world and is perfectly positioned to support the world’s leading enterprises, emerging start-up companies and financial institutions in their development and investment activities.
In the UK, our clients benefit from access to our strong City practice, as well as a strong presence in the key commercial regional centres in Leeds, Sheffield, Manchester, Liverpool, Birmingham and Edinburgh.
Understanding the industry and the day-to-day issues faced by our clients is critical to our success. That's why, alongside their legal experience, all DLA Piper corporate lawyers have additional industry-specific focus, whether it be in Banking, Energy, Healthcare, Hospitality and leisure, Insurance, Life sciences, Manufacturing, Technology or other sectors.
Some of our recent experience in Edinburgh includes:
- BrewDog on the £213m sale of a 22.3% stake to private equity firm TSG Consumer Partners.
- First Reserve on the institutional buyouts of Rigmar Services Limited and Interocean Marine Services Limited.
- Energy Ventures on the institutional buyouts of Aquaterra Energy Limited and Enpro Subsea Limited.
- Vespa Capital on the management buyout of Interactive Meetings Limited and Lumi Technologies SASU.
- Vendors on the disposal of Random 42 Limited to Graphite Capital.
- Scottish Equity Partners, Hermes Private Equity and the Environmental Energy Fund on the institutional buyout of Anesco Limited.
- Ivanhoe Cambridge on the disposal of St Enoch's Centre Unit Trust and related entities to Blackstone.
- Omega Advisers on the refinancing of Fanduel.
- Miller Homes on its acquisition by Bridgepoint Capital.
- Moneycorp on the acquisition of First Rate FX.
- Vendors on the disposals of Red Spider Technology Limited and Intelligent Well Systems Limited to Halliburton.
- Vendors on the disposal of Meta Downhole Limited to Schlumberger.
- MeadWestvaco Inc. on its global group reorganisation and capital reduction programme.
- Moody’s Corporation on its European group reorganisation and debt restructuring.
- Marsh & McLennan on its global reorganisation.
We are now seeking to recruit an exceptional corporate lawyer from a leading City or regional corporate practice with particular expertise in major corporate M&A and/or private equity work.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Corporate team handles hundreds of M&A transactions each year domestically and internationally, with the mid-market forming the mainstay of the work we do in the UK. We act for numerous domestic and international corporate and institutional clients.
Working as part of our market leading team, candidates will undertake a broad diet of work that will cover our core Corporate services including:
- Cross-border M&A (public and private), including:
- inception, planning and due diligence
- deal execution
- post-merger integrations
- joint ventures
- growth by alternatives to M&A
- Private Equity
- Venture Capital
- Joint Ventures
- Corporate Governance
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
We pride ourselves on having a collegiate environment and we are looking for down-to-earth but confident lawyers with strong leadership potential. We do not set upper or lower limits of PQE for any of our vacancies. We have however given an indicative PQE as an approximate guide for applicants. Candidates who have between 3 and 6 years PQE are likely to have the right level of knowledge and have gained the right level of experience needed to be able to undertake this role
The ideal candidate will:
- specialise in M&A and/or PE work;
- have strong technical skills, with an international awareness and focus to their work;
- be able to demonstrate an excellent academic record and the ability to manage more junior lawyers;
- be able to create and deliver sustainable, high quality client service whilst also considering client’s wider business objectives; and
- be keen to get involved in business development and help drive the practice forward.
Our Corporate practice group is a truly International practice with an established track record of growth and development. Career prospects for the right candidates are excellent.
This job description is not designed to be exhaustive and can be varied as required to develop or fulfil this role.The firm offers excellent training, learning and development programmes, as well as a genuine opportunity to experience a wide range of work and clients in a friendly, supportive environment.
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world.
We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
At DLA Piper we are firmly committed to diversity and inclusion. For us, diversity isn't just about visible differences, it's the unique blend of talents, skills, experiences and perspectives that makes each of us an individual and we know it's crucial to have a culture and environment where those differences are genuinely valued.
We offer exceptional career opportunities to our lawyers, aspiring graduates, and business services professionals in a truly challenging and rewarding environment.
Please click on the Apply button to submit an application or to request further information.
Apply for Associate- Corporate, Edinburgh
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly