Departmental Manager - Paralegal
Departmental Manager Paralegal , Newcastle - overseeing paralegal teams across Banking & Finance and Corporate
Fantastic opportunity to join the business services function of a leading firm at the Newcastle office due to growth.
This exciting opportunity involves the management of a team of paralegals and being responsible for operational delivery of paralegal services across several practice areas.
- As Operations Manager you will be responsible for ensuring that all fee earners within their groups/practice area are managed and supported
- Your role will involve ensuring the delivery of excellent quality legal services, whilst driving productivity and efficiency
Key responsibilities will be:
* Resource and work flow management
* Performance management and career development
* Office management
* Collaboration and communication
* Practice areas, understanding and overseeing processes and delivery
* Managing ongoing projects and re-focusing attention as required
In addition you would also be fee earning, completing a range of work to include:
* Drafting corporate legal review summaries and reports using the firm's standard reporting templates
* Assisting with reviewing and tagging documents for responsiveness to regulatory questions posed by the Competition and Markets Authority and other regulatory bodies
* Preparing schedules to reflect draft amendments to legislation and incorporating addenda to existing client contracts to comply with regulatory changes
* Reviewing loan/financing documentation for specific provisions within the context of transactions and providing analysis on complex contractual clauses
* Drafting letters and/or regulatory filings, employee and shareholder notifications arising out of contractual or M&A reporting obligations
- Due to the nature of the role you will ideally posses Banking and Finance and Corporate experience
- You will have previous Paralegal experience and will be able to demonstrate a proven track record in a similar role
- You will have considerable supervisory and management experience, ideally overseeing a large team
- You will be confident working with stakeholders at all levels and will have good working knowledge of process management
- You will be flexible and open to change - a supporter of innovation
- You will be inspiration leader with the ability to influence at all levels
- You will be a strong people person with a genuine passion for developing and coaching your team
- You will be confident multi-tasking and managing projects
- You will employ a commercial mind set and will be able to work well under pressure
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Working for a highly prestigious firm
- People focused culture
- Highly supportive of professional development
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.