Senior Legal Counsel
Tachbrook Park, Warwick
Competitive + Bonus + Extensive Benefits
Creating a better world, a better company, and a more fulfilling future…
Calor is an exciting and inspiring company to work for, where investment in our people's skills and knowledge is integral to our success. We ensure a supportive and inclusive working environment which is underpinned by our culture of expertise, safety and trust. These things allow us to lead the way in terms of sustainability, innovation and personal development.
As the lead supplier in the UK LPG market, things rarely stand still for us. From humble beginnings, and as part of SHV Energy, Calor has continued to develop and diversify, ensuring that our service offering is expansive, progressive and relevant to our customers. It is our people that enable us to do that, which is why they are the heart of our business.
The Legal team at Calor Gas are seeking to recruit a Senior Legal Counsel to support the Head of Legal in reviewing, negotiating, and drafting complex business critical contracts. You will partner with the business to develop better processes and improve service delivery with streamlined legal advice. With previous line management experience, you will coach and develop junior members of the team. This is an opportunity to make a real impact on the business and contribute towards the achievement of our strategic goals.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Act as line manager for two junior lawyers and the Group Legal PA
- Supervise the work of junior lawyers as required and in accordance with Law Society Regulations
- Actively develop and coach the legal team
- Deputise for the Head of Legal as and when required, including the preparation of management reports
- Negotiate, review, and draft complex legal agreements, particularly bespoke customer agreements
- Mitigate and manage the risk to Calor when reviewing, drafting, and negotiating business critical contracts
- Partner with the business to develop process improvements
As such we would like you to have:
- Must be a UK-qualified solicitor or barrister
- 8+ years PQE
- Excellent commercial contract drafting skills, particularly supply agreements, outsourcing and IT contracts
- Experience of business acquisitions and ability to draft business purchase/share purchase agreements
- Ability to develop legal processes to improve service delivery and streamline legal advice
- Strong commercial acumen with an understanding of the need to balance legal risk against achieving business strategy
- Sound knowledge of data protection and competition law
- Some line management experience with the ability to coach and mentor junior members of the team
We look for people who are open minded, embrace new ways of working, step out of their comfort zone seek out new opportunities and look to continuously learn. Opportunities to progress, to develop and to be recognised for your achievements are part of our daily life, and we want to share that with you! Together with your commitment, drive and personal performance, we believe you can bring out the best in yourself at Calor.
If this sounds like you, please apply by clicking the link below.
We look forward to hearing from you!
To be considered for the above opportunity you must be eligible to live and work in UK and hold a full driving licence that is valid for you to drive in the UK. Calor Gas Ltd. adhere to ethical recruiting methods ensuring that we do not discriminate against any candidate because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.