Owen Reed are recruiting for a Trainee Secretary to join a Law firm in Brighton. The Trainee Secretary will report to the Secretarial Services Manager.
The trainee secretary must be a law graduate 2.1 in law.
The Trainee Secretary will provide full support service to qualifies and trainee Patent and/or Trade Mark Attorneys.
Job Specification of the Trainee Secretary:
• Preparation of documentation relevant to patents, designs and/or trademarks as appropriate and monitoring various formalities processes relevant to the filing of UK, European, International and Patent Co-operation Treaty (PCT) applications. Including:
- Typing and amending Word documents with technical content
- Preparing forms and letters from templates with case-specific information
• Preparation of various documentation and presentations relevant to fee earner involvement in committees and other professional activities.
• Dealing with incoming and outgoing communications.
• Preparation and handling of all ancillary documentation as necessary (eg file management,photocopying, scanning etc).
• Instructing overseas agents to attend to filing of new patent, design and trade mark applications (including national phase of PCT applications), to include attending to all filing formalities
• Preparing and/or sending emails on behalf of fee earners.
• Transcription of Dictation.
• Monitoring fee earner deadlines/workloads, liaising with central Records Department and taking necessary action in respect of deadlines wherever appropriate.
• Maintaining fee earner diary.
• Assisting fee earners in obtaining information from EPO, UKIPO, EUIPO and other IP related websites.
• Preparation of cost estimates for clients.
• Running status reports and portfolio schedules as and when required by clients.
• Preparation of invoices.
• Monitoring of fee earner Work In Progress wherever appropriate.
• Checking new client details on Inprotech database and updating various other records.
• Maintaining client files with relevant client specific information, eg standard procedures re billing, correspondence etc.
• Arranging fee earner travel as required. Preparation of Travel Itineraries and dealing with expense claims on behalf of fee earner, if required.
• Acting as point of contact for client enquiries on behalf of fee earner. Making and receiving telephone calls and dealing with general enquiries.
• Point of contact when arranging internal and external meetings, booking of rooms, venues and refreshments.
• As required, assisting with ad hoc responsibilities and administrative tasks to support fee earners.