SYKES is a digital marketing and customer service global outsourcer, providing customer-engagement services to Global 2000 companies. With global headquarters in Tampa, Florida, SYKES’ sophisticated solutions satisfy the needs of major companies around the world, primarily in the retail, communications, financial services, technology and healthcare industries. SYKES’ differentiated end-to-end service platform effectively engages consumers at every touch point in their customer lifecycle, starting from digital marketing and acquisition to customer support, technical support, up-sell/cross-sell and retention. We provide services through multiple communication channels encompassing phone, e-mail, web, chat, social media and digital self-service.
PURPOSE OF JOB:
The post holder will provide legal guidance and counsel to all levels of management in the conduct of business for SYKES’ Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) organisation.
Areas of focus include:
- Review and negotiation of customer contracts (supporting sales and operations) and vendor contracts (across all departments of SYKES);
- Review and negotiation of data processing agreements;
- Provide advice and guidance on data privacy and security matters, including legal support for operations and corporate security in connection with internal and external investigations;
- Provide legal support for corporate and EMEA policy initiatives, such as records retention;
- Provide legal support for data subject requests.
- Prepares, negotiates and reviews contracts, with a focus on customer and vendor contracts;
- Prepares, negotiates and reviews data processing agreements;
- Communicates directly with clients and vendors;
- Provides legal support for operations on data privacy;
- Provides legal support for operations and corporate security on internal and external investigations.
- Studies proposed and existing legislation, reviews business practices and policies, and advises management of potential risks with a focus on global data privacy and security matters.
- Coordinates with operations, compliance, data protection officers, security and information technology departments to analyse the legal implications of data privacy and business and security practices and policies;
- Assists in the development of policy regarding data privacy;
- Researches and analyses various legal issues, including contractual disputes and renders an opinion.
- Coordinates and assists in representation of the organisation in legal disputes;
- Reviews and approves communications to clients from a legal standpoint;
- Carries of legal assignments that are routine in nature without supervision;
- Adheres to SYKES policies on ethics and integrity;
- Performs other additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Circa 2-4 years PQE with relevant experience and a background in commercial law;
- Experience of data protection legislation;
- Ability to maintain an overall organisational perspective and business focus in decision making;
- Understanding of the meaning and implications of key financial indicators;
- Very strong attention to detail;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Shows the greatest degree of professionalism;
- Adaptable to continuous changes in work load and legal issues facing the company;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Proficient in the use of IT packages such as MS Outlook, Word and Excel.
- A highly competitive salary and benefits package and the chance to work with a global market leader.
For a confidential discussion about this position, to request the full job description or to apply please click on the Apply below.