In House Employment Solicitor
This is an exciting opportunity for an Employment Lawyer to make their mark on a fast changing business. Reporting to the Senior Lawyer and Head of Employee Relations, this new position of Employment Lawyer will be responsible for the conduct of Employment Tribunal claims.
For full details about this opportunity please call Kate James on 0121 6348800.
This In House Employment position requires previous experience of tribunal claims management.
Key responsibilities include:
- To take full conduct of tribunal claims, under the supervision of the Senior Lawyer, from submitting ET3 Response, to preparing witness statements, instructing counsel, to negotiating settlements and attending hearings.
- To provide up to date and commercial employment law advice. This will include advice in relation to all key areas of employment law (for example, redundancy and reorganisation, NMW, holiday pay, Transfer of Undertakings (TUPE), settlement agreements, employee exits or disputes and changes to terms and conditions);
- To support in the formulation and regular review of HR policies and procedures, and assist HR field teams and shared service centre in the delivery of consistent, coordinated employment law advice.
- To support the Senior Lawyer and Head of Employee Relations as needed in the development and maintenance of ER strategy, particularly in the management of claims
- To assist with the development and maintenance of a reliable, and comprehensive employment law precedent bank to enable standard documents to be prepared, adapted and produced as quickly as needed.
- To build and maintain strong relationships within all areas in order to provide timely and commercial employment law support.
- To build and maintain strong relationships with external providers including existing law firms, legal counsel and other in-house legal team members.
- To assist with the development of processes and procedures to ensure that the Employment Legal team operates in the most efficient and organised way possible.
- To draft employment contracts, service agreements and settlement agreements as needed and review and update the same
The ideal candidate would have;
- Be a qualified Solicitor with 2-4 years experience in Employment work
- Experience of a broad range of employment law experience including litigation, gained at a law firm and/ or in-house businesses
- Experience of conducting their own cases, including advocacy at the Employment Tribunal in unfair dismissal and discrimination claims is essential
- They will support developing the profile of the team across the organisation and develop innovative solutions to delivering legal advice within a large employer
Opportunity for an Employment lawyer to move in house. Competitive basic salary and a genuine work life balance.