Contracts Manager – 12 months FTC
Join Pitney Bowes as Contracts Manager
Description - Impact
At Pitney Bowes, we do the right thing, the right way.
As Contracts Manager for Pitney Bowes, you can too.
We have amazing people who are the driving force, the inspiration and foundation of our company. Our thriving culture can be broken down into four components: Client. Team. Win. Innovate.
We actively look for prospects who:
• Are passionate about client success.
• Enjoy collaborating with others.
• Strive to exceed expectations.
• Move boldly in the quest for superior and best in market solutions.
The primary objective of this role is to provide commercially minded legal contracts support to all business units (which supply equipment, software products and services) and functions across Europe, with a particular focus on technology contracts of various kinds.
This position could be located in London or Hatfield office.
This is a fixed term contract for 12 months, to cover current business demands, with the possibility of extension.
The role will involve the below key accountabilities:
• Reviewing, drafting, amending and negotiating a variety of agreements such including software licences (including associated support or professional services), subscription, equipment sale/lease/rental/finance documents, distribution, non-disclosure agreements, and typical procurement agreements.
• Work with the business teams to prepare or respond to legal terms in tenders and advise on business issues as requested or appropriate.
• Supporting legal negotiations with external clients and partners where required.
• Providing guidance and assistance on interpretation of contractual clauses and obligations across the business.
• Approve or refer legal contract terms for approval as appropriate.
• Participate in reviews and maintenance of standard contract templates.
• Being a key interface with customers and internal stakeholders on legal agreements.
• Assist with contracts/legal training to sales and other stakeholders as required.
• Instructing local Counsel across Europe and managing the advice received.
• Participate in adhoc projects for EMEA & APAC legal function as required.
• May be required to travel occasionally, within and outside UK.
• Law/Business Degree or equivalent by experience.
• In depth knowledge of English contract law.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
• Highly desirable – experience of French and/or German contract law.
• Ability to draft and edit legal documentation with an attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, and excellent attention to detail.
• Able to effectively assess and advise on commercial risk.
• Proven and demonstrable negotiation skills.
• Able to work independently and pro-actively without supervision. Able to work with varying workloads and prioritise effectively.
• Good customer facing skills, both internally and externally.
• Familiarity with software licensing models.
• French and/or German language and legal skills would be highly beneficial.
As a Contracts Manager you will report into the VP & Deputy General Counsel, EMEA & APAC, within the EMEA & APAC Legal Department. This is a small team supporting the legal and compliance requirements of the business operations, split between the UK and Australia (Sydney). This team forms part of the Global Legal & Compliance Organisation, which has its base at the Pitney Bowes headquarters in Stamford, Connecticut.
About Pitney Bowes:
At Pitney Bowes, our passionate and ambitious team delivers innovations that help clients navigate the complex and always evolving world of commerce: from helping them use data to market to the best customers, to enabling the sending of parcels and packages efficiently, to securing payments through statements and invoices. In everything we do, we deliver accuracy and precision to drive meaningful impact.
Pitney Bowes is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.
All interested individuals must apply online.
***No Agencies Please***