Is there a different way to practice law? We certainly think so.
Established 19 years ago, Axiom is the world’s leading alternative legal services provider. With over 2,000 employees in 16 locations, including a decade long presence in London, we provide legal services to the world’s best-known corporate and financial services institutions. Our lawyers are commercially astute specialists in their field who enjoy a rare combination of high quality work and the unprecedented ability to choose the clients for whom they want to work.
Why join Axiom?
- Our team of derivatives lawyers is spread across the top global banking institutions in London. You will gain access to top-tier clients and complex, varied work.
- Axiom is the primary provider of derivatives support to several global banks; our lawyers assist on critical regulatory and political response projects, including Brexit planning and implementation of IM phases 4 & 5, as well as complex transactional work.
- We provide bespoke career guidance and support, plus access to resources to enhance your professional and personal development. This includes free access to a series of executive management training courses centred around the business of law and focused on providing you with genuine in-house business skills.
- You are matched with appropriate opportunities by our dedicated Lawyer Engagement Team, who will talk you through specific client instructions on a case-by-case basis. Their goal is to find you engagements which most closely match your skill set and stated career objectives.
What makes an Axiom lawyer?
- Good academic credentials and post-qualification experience.
- In-house legal experience is preferred (directly, or as a secondee) but is not essential.
- Strong commercial understanding, and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Desire to provide excellent client service and an ability to build strong working relationships with stakeholders.
- The ability to adapt to new situations and work environments, and a thirst for new challenges.
- You must have the right to work and be eligible to practice as a lawyer in the UK.
Read our FAQs to learn more about what it’s like to be an Axiom lawyer.
What are we looking for?
We are actively recruiting for qualified Derivatives lawyers at all PQE levels. Responsibilities include:
- Providing practical and commercial advice to key business stakeholders; and supporting on a range complex OTC and exchange-traded derivatives transactions for both sell-side and buy-side clients.
- Working on essential projects in response to current regulatory and political changes, including Brexit and IM phases 4 & 5.
- Drafting and negotiating a range of both standard and complex derivatives documentation.
- Good understanding of Clearing rules/CCP and any asset classes: Equity, Fixed Income, Credit, etc.
- Advising on risk mitigation strategies and maintaining up to date regulatory standards.
- Assisting the development of new products and markets.
- Working with and advising business clients directly, providing guidance and practical solutions in relation to the ever-changing FS regulatory environment.
We understand that many legal professionals have chosen to adopt the consultancy model, and we are happy to discuss this option with you. We offer both consultants and employees the opportunity to work with our enviable client roster.
Contact us in complete confidence to find out more about opportunities to work with Axiom as an employee or consultant.
Axiom is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workforce.