Our client is a truly global law firm, operating in close to 20 territories. They are one of the biggest law firms in the world with turnover of over £1 billion and a headcount of over 5000.
London is their global HQ and is located close to mainline and tube stations. The firm offers an extensive list of benefits that includes profit-related bonus, on-site restaurant and fitness centre, 25 days holiday, private medical insurance, in-house medical service (doctor & dentist) and group pension plan.
They are now looking to hire Financial/Management Accountant. The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant with up to 2 years PQE and ideally come from an Audit background.
- Accountable for the accurate and timely recording of transactions relating to specific Business Teams. This involves calculating and posting into SAP the relevant month end entries, as part of the London and Global Head Office monthly accounts process.
- Advise the Business Teams of their financial position on a regular basis. This involves the preparation of detailed monthly expenditure analysis and commentaries, requesting explanations of variances where necessary. This includes reconciling and analysing General Ledger accounts and also carrying out headcount analysis.
- Responsible for providing the Business Teams with all aspects of accounting support. This will involve providing technical financial advice, which may involve financial modelling, advising on the firm’s policies and procedures, as well as resolving any specific issues they may have.
- Provision of support to the relevant Business Teams during the planning, budgeting and reforecasting processes.
- Prepare variance analysis and obtain explanations from the function as to the reasons for significant movements. Discuss issues with the London Finance Manager and assist in challenging budget submissions.
- Prepare any additional analysis as required and prepare the senior management teams within the functions for their moderation meetings with the COO/CFO.
- Shared responsibility for the supervision, training and development of two trainee accountants in the team
- Fixed Asset accounting, including monthly depreciation calculations, budgeting depreciation calculations and maintenance of the FAR, Project accounting and reporting, P&L and balance sheet reviews and reporting, including supervision and review of balance sheet reconciliations
- Overseeing cashflow maintenance and reporting, Fee Deal Accounting, claims provisioning, ONS returns, as well as assisting in variance analysis and other ad hoc exercises in respect of the London Office as a whole.
- We are looking for someone who is Graduate
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) - up to 2 years PQE
- Audit experience preferable
- To have an understanding of statutory accounting procedures
- To have experience of month end procedures, management accounting and reporting and budgeting preferable
- Ability to write and explain complex, numerical issues in a clear and concise way to non-finance experts