Solicitor - Personal Injury
Solicitor - Personal Injury
As West London’s leading law firm, IBB enjoys a reputation for representing significant clients in complex legal matters. Our practice areas span commercial, commercial and residential real estate, private client, and community legal services. The firm and its partners are ranked highly by independent legal guides Chambers & Partners and Legal 500.
Team consists of 5 lawyers with an extensive knowledge of personal injury and clinical negligence work. The team are members of the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL), the Spinal Injuries Association, the Association of Child Abuse Lawyers and Headway, the brain injury association. We have strong expertise in a whole range of personal injury and clinical negligence claims. We act for a range of clients, those of all ages and backgrounds.
To provide an efficient and effective Personal Injury and Clinical Negligence capability by acting on behalf of claimants, from receipt of initial enquiry through to settlement of the case. The role is to handle a mix of personal injury and clinical negligence cases although they will be a significant focus upon handling child sexual abuse cases.
Running a personal injury and clinical negligence caseload to include:
- taking initial instructions;
- dealing with funding and regulatory matters;
- advising the client and managing their expectations;
- planning the case, gathering evidence and managing the claim;
- dealing with the defendant and other parties;
- issuing proceedings;
- managing disclosure;
- drafting documents;
- instructing counsel and experts;
- preparing for and managing the trial and managing post-trial and file closure procedures.
- Ensuring that professional services provided by the team are of the highest quality, that client care standards are effectively maintained and that work completed meets the appropriate standards. To ensure that the files are maintained properly and that matters are progressed in line with the firm’s standard up to and including billing and file closing
- Working within the team to explore opportunities to improve process, communication and speed of service delivery. Looking for innovative ways to achieve competitive advantage and profitability.
- Providing support where necessary to the team when required.
- Taking responsibility for delegating work where appropriate; providing guidance on legal issues for more junior members of the team where appropriate; managing cash and disbursement control and working on ad hoc projects as and when required.
- Developing the team capability including: looking for ways to innovate with existing streams of ancillary work; building your own personal reputation and building eminence for the firm by; developing existing and new contacts and referrers of work; regularly contributing material to the firm’s website; joining relevant associations and seeking out positions of responsibility to support your personal ambitions to become or maintain your position as a leader in your field; taking responsibility for preparing and delivering your Chambers and Legal 500 submissions and encouraging others in the team to build the team reputation.
- Utilising organisational and interpersonal skills so that: work is prioritised and progressed as efficiently as possible; new business is effectively introduced and managed into the firm; the partner in the Team is sufficiently aware of your workload and specific issues which arise on your matters and you maintain a flexible and proactive approach to work and good working relationships with external institutions including clients and any professional referrers to promote IBB’s brand in the marketplace.
- You will be a solicitor, qualified to practice in England and Wales and hold a current clean practising certificate from the SRA.
Skills and Experience
- Indicatively, newly qualified, up to 2 years, with some experience in this practice area of legal work which will also be demonstrable through good knowledge and understanding of legal practice and procedures relating to personal injury and clinical negligence, including running a case from initial enquiry to conclusion.
- Ability to provide supervision and support to juniors including answering technical questions and supporting development.
- Commercially minded
- A commitment to the highest quality standards together with an eye for detail
- A flexible approach and the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Proven communication skills with the ability to adapt communication style to the audience.
- IT literate including proficient with Microsoft applications and self-sufficient in using document management systems and the internet as business tools.
As a member of staff in the Community Legal Services Group you will be expected to demonstrate the One IBB brand values:
- We are positive
- We are engaged
- We care
- We are united