A European investment bank are looking to recruit a Legal Counsel for their in-house team in London. You will sit within legal and be part of the bank's broader central team in this full-time, 6-month fixed term contract role with view to extend.
Responsibilities of your new role
Your core duties as In-House Counsel will include:
- Working and coordinating with transaction lawyers and negotiators on netting projects, knowledge management, and documentation project management
- Reviewing legal opinions on the enforceability of close-out netting and collateral arrangements for counterparties in relevant jurisdictions
- Producing legal opinion netting reports; and
- Assisting the Global Netting Co-ordinator to produce and update template forms of netting report, collateral report and instructions to law firms for the provision of legal opinions
The business seeks a Legal Counsel who demonstrates:
- 2+ years of PQE gained in-house or in private practice
- A working knowledge of or exposure to close-out netting and collateral arrangements for master agreements and clearing agreements
- Some experience and knowledge of derivatives
- An awareness of the key regulatory developments in relation to derivatives, clearing and collateralisation
The successful Legal Counsel will be offered a competitive base salary, dependent on experience.
Please apply today to be considered immediately for this excellent Derivatives focused Legal Counsel opportunity in London.
Apply for Legal Counsel
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly