Kennedys is looking for an Associate to join the employment team to be based in Birmingham.
The successful candidate will predominantly be working on contentious matters but with some non-contentious work. Candidates must have significant respondent employment litigation experience, preferably acting for employers with unionised workforces.
Our busy employment team is ranked in the Legal 500 and Chambers directories. We have particular renown for acting in litigation and industrial relations issues. We act for well-known transport sector clients with heavily unionised workforces and are instructed by major insurance companies to defend claims on behalf of their insured businesses. We represent clients across the England, Wales and Scotland.
Types of cases:
- Respondent employment claims ranging in value and complexity covering the full range of employment disputes.
- The vast majority are litigated in the employment tribunal although we also act in civil claims
- Non contentious advisory matters ranging from day-to-day ad hoc advice to client HR teams and contract and policy drafting, to complex TUPE and collective redundancy situations.
What are we looking for?
- UK Qualified, Foreign Qualified or CILEX qualified with the relevant experience
- 5+ years’ respondent employment experience*
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of employment law in England & Wales
- Significant experience and knowledge of employment tribunal processes and procedures
- Experience running caseload and assisting on higher value/complex cases
- Ability to maintain excellent client relationships keen to be involved in marketing/business development and client training activities.
Kennedys is a global law firm with over 2,000 people worldwide across 37 offices in the UK, Europe, Middle East, Asia Pacific and America.
We believe that supporting individual growth and development puts us in the best position to attract and retain talented individuals. Regardless of role or level, everyone has access to virtual learning opportunities to help you develop your skills when you need to, wherever you are in the world.
We value and support diversity as an equal opportunity employer. The environment we practice in is critical as individuals and as members of a cohesive team. We’ve created a culture based on client service, professional excellence, hard work and trust.
*Where a level of experience is indicated, this is a guideline only and represents the amount of time we would usually expect a candidate to accumulate the requisite level of experience. This does not preclude applications from candidates with more or less experience.