My client is a top 20 law firm.
Their London office has first rate working conditions in river fronted offices and they offer one of the best benefits packages in the UK.
The role of Partnership Accountant is situated within the Partnership accounting and treasury team. The team is responsible for external financial reporting for the global firm as well as the treasury function of the firm. This role is an accounting role that covers various tasks related to the calculation of partners profit share and the accounting for tax, including assisting with the reconciliation of the accounting records for tax reserves.
- Calculation of Partner profit share, allocating each source of profits to equity partners around the world.
- Support Preparation of accounting analysis for Australian, US and UK tax returns - including co-ordination of work undertaken by shared service centre in Delhi and liaising with internal and external tax teams.
- Perform reconciliations across multiple currencies in the accounting system across all jurisdictions between tax reserves and tax payments made in the UK and overseas, ensuring the correct ac-counting entries are posted in the accounting system.
- Accounting for tax reserves in the central books: Tax professionals within the team manage the tax compliance for the partners in the UK and US. You will be responsible for working with this team to ensure the appropriate journals are created, balanced and posted.
- Reconcile the UK tax accounts regularly and resolve any reconciling items with the tax team.
- Reconcile the US tax account monthly.
- Reconcile the Non-UK tax accounts regularly.
- Co-ordinate the production through our shared service centre in Delhi the detailed profit and loss account for use as the basis of the UK Partnership tax return including reconciling the Accounts Packs prepared by the offices to form the basis of the detailed P&L.
- Accounting for the allocation of tax reserves between partners - including for items such permanently disallowable expenditure.
- Account for the Partner secondments and permanent deductions, ensuring that tax equalisation journals are processed correctly, and accounts are reconciled between each office.
- Ad-hoc support for the financial reporting team through year end reporting (March to June).
- You will be qualified in either ACA/ACCA/CIMA.
- Oracle Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) and Hyperion Planning skills preferred.
- Intermediate/Advanced Excel skills essential.
- Ability to question the integrity of processes and data.
- Ideally from a professional services or legal sector background
It is Career Legal’s policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you.
Career Legal is a Recruitment Agency and is advertising this permanent / temporary / fixed term contract vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.