Head of Legal Services
Head of Legal Services
London (Central), London (Greater)
- A highly thought of world class centre of excellence.
- Fantastic working culture and environment, excellent senior opportunity.
About Our Client
Moorfields Eye Hospital NHS Foundation Trust is the leading provider of eye health services in the UK and a world-class centre of excellence for ophthalmic research and education. Moorfields was one of the first NHS organisations to become a foundation trust in 2004, and one of the founder members of UCL Partners - one of the UK's first academic health science centres.
Their main focus is the treatment and care of NHS patients with a wide range of eye problems, from common complaints to rare conditions that require treatment not available elsewhere in the UK.
We are seeking an experienced senior solicitor to join the senior management team to lead and support our business functions, specifically to provide a range of advice about care provision, research and commercial contracts, regulation, litigation and corporate governance.
You will join an ambitious and successful team and there will substantial opportunity to develop your career whilst working for a world leading health organisation.
- The Head of Legal Services will work with the Director of Quality and Safety to provide expert legal advice and services to the Trust. The key elements of the role are to:
- Provide senior legal advice to the Trust.
- Manage the organisation's legal functions.
- Oversee and identify the legal issues in business areas and their inter-relationships.
- Provide legal advice and support to divisions and departments and the research team.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Provide senior legal advice to the Trust's CEO and Directors.
- Provide a central point of contact in the role of in-house counsel, advising on legal and regulatory matters and providing advice and support where appropriate.
- Manage the legal functions of the Trust as a portfolio, ensuring they are operating smoothly, that access is managed and services are provided within a framework.
- Oversee and identify the legal issues in business areas and their inter-relationships, ensuring close liaison with Directors, Managers and budget holders so that appropriate matters are escalated for review in a timely manner.
- Work with the Trust's third party legal suppliers to ensure best value for money advice within budget.
- Review legal contract documentation and service specifications as appropriate. Liaise with staff across departments and satellites, building relationships with the Trust's partners and collaborators to ensure that suitable legal review of contracts is undertaken and that appropriate records of contract negotiations and documentation are maintained and accessible.
- Provide support to the Research and Development department of the organisation including contract review, liaising and advising on the implications relating to research governance, strategic partnering agreements with international partners, international collaboration agreements, understanding of intellectual property and drafting MOUs and HOTs.
The Successful Applicant
Suitable candidates for the role of Head of Legal Services will have the following experience / qualifications:
- A qualified solicitor with extensive corporate/commercial experience is essential.
- Experience of the Healthcare Sector is highly desirable.
- Experience of working in Research, Development and Collaboration contracts is desirable.
- Experience of corporate governance is desirable
- Experience of working within another Healthcare provider is desirable.
What's on Offer
On offer is a competitive base salary and benefits package.
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPTL14008432Z