A Surrey based Compliance Manager role involving trade compliance, export control, ethics and general compliance. Join an SME with a friendly and relaxed atmosphere.
This Compliance Manager, Trade and General Compliance role is based in Surrey and sits in an SME operating in the defence and aerospace industry.
This Compliance Manager, Trade and General Compliance role is based in Surrey and involves:
- Act as the key focal point for all Corporate Compliance topics, both internally within the business and externally. Includes liaison with Government agencies such as UK Space Agency, HMG, Export Control Joint Unit, Ministry of Defence, legal firms and others.
- Act as the nominated Compliance Officer and interact with the Group Ethics & Compliance representatives as and when required.
- Management & leadership of the Compliance team with 2 direct reports.
- Prioritise and assign workload to team members.
- Ensure all Corporate Compliance policies are maintained and followed by the department. Promote adherence to such policies to the wider business and ensure non-conformances to policy are documented and reported.
- Responsibility for the team delivery of International Space Licencing requirements via UKSA.
- Responsibility for the team delivery of UK Export Control Compliance requirements (e. licence applications, dispatch authorisations, export ratings trainings, HMG audit, etc.).
- Responsibility for the team delivery of US Export Control Compliance requirements (e. ITAR, EAR).
- Responsibility for the team delivery of Import Control & Customs requirements (e. Import clearance instruction requests, IPR returns).
- Responsibility for the team delivery of Bid Compliance processes with the support of Group, including Anti-Money Laundering, Sanctioned Countries Process, Business Partners and Bid Compliance assessments.
- Responsibility for the overall Corporate Ethics and Compliance process & policy adherence. Includes Gifts & Hospitality; Sponsorships & Donations, Conflicts of Interests & Anti-Bribery.
- Support the company Data Privacy / GDPR officer with General Data Protection Regulatory Compliance.
- Develop & deliver training material for the key Compliance related processes to all staff.
This Compliance Manager, Trade and General Compliance role is based in Surrey requires:
- Experience of Ethics and Business Compliance, Export Control and ideally Space related Licencing.
- ITAR & EAR knowledge.
- Management experience.
- Experience ideally in the electronics or aerospace/defence industry.
- Experience of working in a busy/diverse team environment.
- Experience in working in a legal environment a benefit but not essential.
- Must positively support the business objectives - being solutions orientated yet maintaining strict adherence to compliance.
- Excellent inter-personal skills; able to communicate at all levels across the business, both written and verbal, and work closely with the team.
- Organised, accurate and an attention to detail is essential.
- Good problem solver; able to work methodically, to tight deadlines within a pressurised environment.
- Pro-active and flexible with a can-do attitude and a willingness to learn.
- Due to the sensitivity of material held by the team, discretion and adherence to security processes are absolute requirements for the role.
- Must be able to hold and maintain UK National Security Vetting at SC level.
- Must be able to handle US Export Controlled Information.
Please enquire for details