Legal Risk and Compliance Assistant
We are looking to recruit a Legal and Compliance Assistant to support fee earners in a large growing law firm. The ideal candidate will have a flexible attitude to their role and will be focused on providing great support services across the business, with a principal focus on maintenance of the client and matter database, anti-money laundering compliance, company secretarial activities and, more generally, in helping fee earners deliver transactions or other work streams to clients.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for setting up new clients and matters including preparing draft engagement letters and administering compliance with the firm's "know your client" policies;
- Registered office and company secretarial support responsibilities including maintaining statutory books, drafting and managing Companies House filings and ensuring efficient invoicing;
- Data room administration;
- Administrative post-completion matters, including collation and completion of transaction bibles;
- Proof reading and overflow typing support; and
- Other ad hoc administrative support.
- Ideally have relevant experience in a legal firm or in-house transactional department as a para-legal or senior administrative assistant or complementary experience in a compliance or risk department;
- Have excellent computer skills with knowledge of Word, Excel and Power Point applications; and
- Have excellent attention to detail and a rigorous approach to their work and have a "can do" attitude and desire to help us continue to grow our practice across the UK.
We are open to applications not only from a private practice and/or a compliance background but also from candidates with a personal growth mind-set looking for a new challenge. In exchange, the successful candidate will receive a competitive salary and benefits package, good career development opportunities and the chance to play an important role in a rapidly expanding business. For more information please contact Robert Addy on 0114 2418030 or click apply today.