Senior Financial Risk & Compliance Analyst
A new role is now open for a Senior Financial Risk & Compliance Analyst, within a highly regarded and forward-thinking international law firms stunning office in the city of London. This role will be crucial for monitoring and controlling the firm's risk and compliance in AML /KYC and other related issues. Furthermore, the Senior Financial Risk & Compliance Analyst will have key working relationships with the Compliance Officer for Finance and Administration, Director of Administration and Finance Manager.
Key responsible for Senior Financial Risk & Compliance Analyst role will include;
- AML - Ensure all compliance with all internal and external procedures and regulations, keep up to date with new procedures, guidance and best practice involving SRA and Law Society guidance
- Attend conferences and seminars relevant to AML and advise MLRO/COFA of where improvements to AML should be improved
- Undertake new business tasks such as AML checks and engagement letters
- Monitor breaches relevant to COFA and COLP, complaints and SAR related audits
- The Senior Financial Risk & Compliance Analyst will need to report to monthly AML committee on the subjects of retrieval and storage of AML certificates
- Work closely with COFA to review London engagement letters, terms of business, the standard letter, general letter, abbreviated letters and regulatory statements
- Review files in accordance with SRA code of conduct and carry out administrative elements of file reviews including the financial elements
- Identify new or updated legal and regulatory obligations that may have an impact on the firm, then draft or amend policies and procedures in compliance with the new or changed obligation, with approval from COFA
- For new joiners conduct risk and compliance induction with PowerPoint presentation on SRA code of conduct, client inception, conflicts and AML processes
- Monitor and ensure the training of fee earners on the AML processes and procedures ensuring due diligence including AML and engagement letters
- Work with Lawyers and other staff within the firm's offices worldwide in relation to AML/KYC
The successful candidate for the Senior Financial Risk & Compliance Analyst will have a degree related to legal practice is preferred and also a certified AML ICA diploma is essential along with previous and extensive compliance experience within a law environment. You must have existing knowledge of SRA handbook, money laundering regulations and other current legislation. Furthermore, you must be a self-starter and have the ability to take the initiative and have excellent written and communication skills, to liaise with personnel across all levels of the firm. Lastly the Senior Financial Risk & Compliance Analyst must have advanced computer skills for databases involving legal accounting/bilking. If you fit the above criteria, please contact Ryder Reid for immediate consideration.