This large UK law firm based in Manchester are recruiting for a Compliance Assistant to assist their busy Business Acceptance Unit Department.
The department are responsible for monitoring new business in take, this involves carrying out anti-money laundering and conflicts checking procedures.
You will act as point of contact for the Business Acceptance Unit Department handling a high volume of requests from Fee Earners and support staff in relation to new and existing cases and clients. Such requests can be carried out both over the telephone, via email or in person and therefore requires someone with excellent customer service skills to handle each query accordingly. Other duties include;
- Filing of case registrations and client identification forms
- Entry of all new and any additional client information for all offices.
- Occasional assistance verifying client identity where required (database/internet searching).
- Taking proactive steps to update and maintain all case and client information as necessary
- Participating in a data cleansing exercises
- Other ad-hoc duties as required.
The ideal candidate for this role will be educated to degree level, ideally with previous experience working a legal administrative, compliance or data assistant position with a high level of focus on customer. You will also possess;
- Strong MS Office skills particularly Excel
- Strong communication and customer service focus
- Experience using Elite Enterprise (Desirable)
- Adaptable and flexible team player approach