Commercial Legal Counsel - Global Industrial Group FTSE 100
A Globally-Renowned FTSE 100 Industrial Group, with operations within Sustainable Technology, Renewable Energy, Precious Commodities and Engineering. The company operates in over 40 countries, including Europe, Asia, The Americas and Africa. Split into three main subsidiaries, each subsidiary has its own legal function, which in turn reports into the Group Legal Team. With year on year business growth, the company prides itself on its constant innovation and global presence.
The successful in-house legal counsel will advise the business on a national and international level, and will report to the General Counsel and be responsible for dealing with a variety of commercial matters, including;
- Drafting and negotiating commercial transactions, sale/purchase agreements for both goods and services, distributor/agency agreements, joint development agreements, contractor terms and various international deals.
- Liaising with suppliers across the different business units, negotiate, draft and agree new contracts and renewals
- Point of escalation on insurance, liability, IPR and operational risks.
- Advising on general commercial matters, including competition, IP, & tax.
- Provide advice to the Businesses in respect of ethics and compliance matters
- Provide legal and compliance training to the business (For example: Use of Standard Terms, Anti-Bribery, Competition, Financial Crime and Sanctions).
A passionate and enthusiastic mid-level legal counsel, a commercially minded lawyer who can offer value to the business by excelling in the area of stakeholder management. Prior experience in Manufacturing, Energy or Oil & Gas would be beneficial, however all candidates with relevant commercial contracts experience are encouraged to apply.
This is an exciting opportunity for a mid-level PQE lawyer with previous in-house experience to enhance their career by facilitating the growth of a truly global business. The successful candidate will join a close-knit team with a culture of high standards and technical expertise, providing legal advice to teams covering a broad range of specialities and functions.
For further information and to apply, please contact Natalie Thomas at TAP Search on 0207 127 5274, or alternatively email your CV to email@example.com