A wonderful opportunity to work for one of the Top Law Firm as a Administrative Assistant. Would you like to kick start your career in Legal working for a leading Professional Services firm? Our multi-award-winning, Global client are looking for a talented Administrative Assistant.
The secretarial team provides the practical support our lawyers need so they can deliver the best possible service to our clients. The role of our secretaries is critical in assisting our people to perform at the highest level. The team provides high-quality support to partners and throughout our practice areas. This ranges from providing administrative support and diary management to producing a wide range of complex documents. Our secretarial team also plays a client-facing role as secretaries are typically in regular contact with our clients on behalf of lawyers.
Administrative Assistant Responsibilities
- Deliver high quality, accurate work whilst responding to change and competing priorities
- Meet required deadlines and negotiate alternate timeframes when necessary
- Print, photocopy and scan relevant documents as and when required by the relevant PA colleague or fee earner
- File relevant documents in electronic or hard copy files as and when required by the relevant PA colleague or fee earner
- Assist with fee earner expense claims, cheque requisitions and other banking related admin in a timely manner
- Assist with updating client information and relevant databases, following PA or fee earner instructions (eg, InterAction)
- Prepare files for archiving and manage return/retrieval of files following firm guidelines
- Provide ad hoc support to the group or division such as dealing with incoming mail, answering the telephone, assisting with event/meeting logistics and any other administrative duties.
- Adhere to firm, office and practice group policies and procedures, including those that are formal, informal, documented or verbal.
- Take all necessary steps to ensure you are aware of correct procedures. Maintaining inquisitive, collaborative and vigilant work habits, keeping abreast of changes and developing more efficient work processes. Demonstrate this in your interactions with others.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm and proactivity in the workplace, including participating in and contributing to secretarial group meetings, firm initiatives, focus groups, pilot groups, team building activities, learning and development sessions and other relevant activities.
- Take responsibility for your own learning, undertake recommended training, keep up to date and comply with firm policies, adopt new or improved firm and practice group recommended work practices, and share information with others about better ways of working.
- Typing speed minimum of 45wpm with 98% accuracy.
- Quest or CILEx Preferred .
- Knowledge of the Microsoft suite (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Good written and verbal communication skills with a demonstrated ability to building effective and trusting relationships with people internally and external to the firm.