About High Speed 1 Limited
HS1 Ltd holds the concession until 2040 to operate, manage and maintain ‘High Speed 1’ which is the UK’s first section of high speed rail; the 109 km of high speed rail connecting London St. Pancras International to the Channel Tunnel along with tunnels and bridges.
HS1 has the vison to become an ‘Employer of Choice’ and is proud of recently achieving silver accreditation for Investors in People and its Investors in People Health and Wellbeing award. We are fully committed to driving high levels of employee engagement and you will be joining a high performing team operating in a supportive team environment where you will be given the full opportunity and responsibility to develop your legal skills.
About the Paralegal role:
This is an exciting Paralegal role for someone looking to expand their legal and commercial experience. You will work as part of the Legal and Corporate Services Team and will assume the following responsibilities:
- Maintain legal compliance to ensure HS1 continues to operate within the law;
- Provide support in relation to a varied portfolio of new/amended agreements, leases, licences, regulatory documents, financing documents;
- Support with dispute resolution for example draft confidentiality agreements; review standard terms and conditions; review and draft Protective Provision Agreements; draft letters of instruction; Instructions to Counsel; draft correspondence and file notes; and assist with disclosure exercises;
- Assist with drafting reports;
- Develop and maintain legal processes and procedures;
- Develop and maintain a suitable bank of company standard precedent legal documentation;
- Document management and legal administration
- Carry out legal research;
- Support the General Counsel & Corporate Services Director with ad hoc company secretarial matters.
What you'll need to succeed in this Paralegal position:
You will be a talented, confident, hardworking and highly motivated individual and you will have achieved your Legal Practise Course (LPC). You will ideally have gained prior experience working as a paralegal in-house or with a respected commercial firm or will have demonstrable, equivalent experience. Importantly, you will be a bright, enthusiastic individual with a genuine desire to pursue a career in law.
You will have second to none communication skills both verbal and written and will be a self-starter with the ability to cope with responsibility. You will be able to deal with complex problems and will have meticulous planning and organising skills. Fundamentally you will have the right to work in the UK and will have the desire to immediately add value to HS1 and the team.
What you'll get in return as a Paralegal:
You will be given plenty of opportunity to develop your skills and in return we offer the following:
- Competitive salary
- 28 days annual leave per annum
- Life assurance at 5 times your basic salary
- Generous Group Personal Pension with Scottish Widows
- Group Income Protection
- Private Medical Insurance for self, partner and children
- Discretionary bonus
Due to the urgent nature of the role, we are keen to speak to candidates available on short notice. Please only apply if you have the right to work in the UK and where you meet the requisite experience and skills as applications failing to highlight the desired experience will not be shortlisted.
To apply for this Paralegal role please submit a covering letter and your most up to date CV by Friday 16th August 2019.
HS1 is an equal opportunity employer and is deeply committed to attracting and maintaining a diverse workforce.