A Large FTSE Listed Property and Facilities Management Organisation is seeking a Senior Housing Lawyer to join their growing London division. The is a career advancing opportunity for an experienced Housing Management Lawyer who is keen to work within a corporate and commercial environment, directly advising board members, senior stakeholders and managing a small in-house legal function. London based.
An established and successful FTSE Listed Property and Facilities Management company with national operations, the legal team is split between the company’s various subsidiaries nationwide. The business has grown through successful competitor acquisitions and diversifying their services over the past decade. In addition, in most recent years they have enjoyed particular success increasing client biddings and procurement.
Reporting into the Managing Director and the Group General Counsel, the successful housing lawyer will manage a small legal function, handling a variety of non-contentious and contentious housing and property management issues nationwide. There will also be opportunity to deal with a range of matters concerning development and acquisitions, employment, commercial disputes, procurement and conveyancing.
As the senior housing lawyer, you will also provide some high-level strategic advice including drafting of tenancies, management agreements, policies and procedures as well as advice on fire safety and data protection (GDPR and the DPA 2018).
The role is based in London
Key responsibilities include:
- Defending disrepair claims
- Responsible for all aspects of cases subject to litigation or anticipated litigation
- Preparing Section 21 and Section 8 notices, as well as Notices to Quit
- Dealing with AST tenancy deposits and consumer protection law
- Ensuring landlords are made aware of their contractual obligations and of the complaints procedures
- Advising landlords on the law and procedure following termination of their management agreement and advising landlords of the likely costs
- Responding to complaints made by landlords
- Preparing court pleadings and witness statements
- Managing and instructing external counsel
- Possession claims for breach of tenancy, suitable alternative accommodation, loss of security of tenure
- Disrepair and dilapidations claims
- Tenancy fraud including unlawful subletting and succession
- Breach of lease
- Gas safety and general access injunctions..
- Leasehold disputes
- Rent and service charge recovery (residential and commercial)
The successful candidate will have expertise in providing housing management and property litigation advice in the housing sector and will have experience working with local authorities, tenant management organisations, estate management boards, housing associations and private landlords. You will have experience working within the government administration industry, excellent stakeholder management and project management skills.
The ideal candidate will have trained within a top Legal 500 law firm within Social Housing. You will have a solid understanding and experience of dealing with and preparing s21 and s8 notices. You will have knowledge of housing law, landlord and tenant law and the Civil Procedure Rules.
This is an excellent opportunity for an organised and initiative-driven mid-senior lawyer who is keen to further apply and develop their housing management legal knowledge in-house, as well as take on greater responsibility within a growing organisation on a strategic and operational level. Excellent remuneration and benefits.
For further information and to apply, please contact Natalie Thomas at TAP Search on 02071275274 or alternatively email your CV to email@example.com