In House Counsel
A well-known British media company is looking for a top-tier Commercial Lawyer to join their London based team as In House Counsel.
About the Role
The In House Counsel will be joining the thriving legal team of an incredibly successful media company. You will report directly to the Legal Director with a wider team to support in a broad range of commercial work.
You will be required to draft, review and negotiate commercial contracts, with particular emphasis on the following areas:
The Group also has a considerable investment portfolio so you may well also be called upon to engage in ad hoc corporate and finance work.
The Ideal Candidate
The successful Commercial Legal Counsel is likely to have:
- 2+ years’ experience as a Commercial Lawyer gained at a City law firm / within a well-respected in house team
- Excellent problem solving skills
- The ability to use expertise, commercial acumen and common sense to find solutions to complex problems and ways forward for new projects
- Experience in IP and marketing work
The team is also open to lawyers of differing specialisms wishing to transition into a commercial role, provided they have trained at a top-tier law firm – i.e. you may be a Litigation, Corporate or Competition Lawyer seeking a broader commercial role in-house.
On offer for the Legal Counsel:
- Competitive salary
- Permanent, full time contract
- Bonus scheme
- Benefits package
To be considered for this In House Counsel role at this leading British media company, please get in touch with your CV to apply today.