Commercial Legal Counsel - Global Plc
A global leader in technology and leisure is looking for an additional Legal Counsel to join their Manchester team on a full-time, permanent basis. Joining a business listed on the New York Stock Exchange, this In-House Counsel role presents the opportunity to travel internationally if desired while working closely with senior contacts in London and Manchester.
Your new role
The Legal Counsel will be responsible for one of the three main channels that this business is split into, meaning there is lots of room to grow and move into increasingly complex business areas. Reporting into the Senior Legal Counsel in Manchester and forming part of a team of 4, the In-House Counsel will:
- Provide general commercial law support, with a focus on review, negotiation, and drafting a wide range of commercial agreements, including technology supply agreements, bid proposal responses and partner/collaboration agreements
- Provide support for business teams operating throughout the world
- Provide pragmatic commercial advice
- Identify and advise internal clients on legal risks, mitigation, pre-litigation disputes and resolving a wide variety of issues that arise in existing commercial relationships
The firm seeks a Legal Counsel who demonstrates:
- 4-8 years of PQE gained in a law firm or in-house
- Expertise in contractual / commercial law, technology, intellectual property and data protection
- Experience drafting and negotiating commercial contracts
- Customer-oriented interpersonal skills
- The ability to work closely with large cross-functional teams (including representatives from finance, regulatory/compliance, operations and HR)
This is an excellent opportunity for a top-quality Legal Counsel to join a forward-thinking business in a hugely interesting sector. Apply now for immediate consideration.