Defendant Personal Injury Solicitor
Progressive firm seeks a 2PQE+ Solicitor to handle their own defendant PI caseload to be based in the birkenhead office
About the role
Deal with all aspects of litigated and Defence personal injury claims, including RTA claims, and pursuing Part 20 claims on behalf of clients when appropriate.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Have a good working knowledge of the CPR and/or and other relevant case law and/or legislation and progressing defences in a timely manner in accordance with the CPR.
- Build a relationship with clients to minimise the possibility of complaints and to enhance the reputation of the Firm and the service it provides.
- Ensure that the risk of Judgements is minimised.
- Ensure that any relevant insurer is kept updated and fully informed as to the progress of any claims to reduce any potential exposure/liability and to increase saving.
- Maintain pro- active communication with clients (lay and insurance) to ensure all heads of claim are discussed with the client at the outset and throughout the claim.
- Obtain all relevant documentation from clients at the outset.
- Discuss liability and/or quantum offers with the relevant parties, making use of the telephone rather than letter whenever possible.
- Ensuring reserving is up to date and carried out in line with insurers philosophy.
- Maximising savings for insurer clients.
- Ensure all MI is up to date and accurate.
- Maximising settlements and profitability of each claim.
Experience & Knowledge
- A Solicitor, ILEX qualified or file handler of at least 2 years' experience in the personal injury field.
- A proven track record of running a successful fast and/or multi track caseload within a personal injury environment.
- Excellent client care and analytical skills, to include providing written and oral advice in a clear concise manner.
- The ability to liaise and build up a rapport by using effective communication with all external agencies during the life of a claim including medical agencies, investigators, barristers etc.
- Good IT skills with a sound working knowledge of Solcase or a similar case management system and essential MS Office knowledge.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills, with a calm and methodical approach to work, and a flexible and adaptable attitude to resolving issues.
Lipson Lloyd Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.