In House Counsel- Construction- Bristol based
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing business and join an established team. You will need to have an established background in a construction environment with legal training,
This is a vibrant and positive environment where the legal team have good representation at senior stakeholder level.
Reporting to the Head of Legal your role will include the following;
• Ability to take exact instructions from employees at all levels within the Company.
• To advise on, draft, consider, review and negotiate Construction contracts in accordance with the client’s instructions and those of the head of Legal
• Sound knowledge of NEC, JCT, and standard forms of contracts.
• Provide advice to the Board of Directors as and when requested.
• Work closely with the Head of Legal on a range of matters and areas of law.
• Provide advice on all aspects of construction law keeping abreast of any developments and changes in law.
• Review and advice on all pre tender legal documentation associated with engineering, procurement and construction for the UK and Europe. The candidate will not be expected to give legal advice in relation to legal documentation which is not subject to English law.
• Take responsibility for project related operational construction legal matters and liaising with external solicitors and advisors where required.
• Provide advice on contentious construction matters.
• Provide training programs on various areas of law, company policies and procedures to all staff across Europe.
• Produce draft standard template agreements for use by the company.
• Provide advice and assistance when requested to, by other In house lawyers across the globe in relation to contracts subject to English law.
• Attend and assist at construction contract negotiations with external solicitors
• Attend meetings with other departments providing pragmatic legal risk advice
• Participation in the tender risk meetings.
If you are looking for a new challenge with a fast moving and growing company please do contact us for more information.